LANCASHIRE COMBINED FIRE AUTHORITY
Monday 20th June 2016 in Washington Hall, Service Training Centre, Euxton, commencing at 1000 hours
Car Parking is available on the Main Drill ground
If you have any queries regarding the agenda papers or require any further information please initially contact Diane Brooks on (01772) 866720 and she will be pleased to assist.
Rooms have been made available for Political Group meetings from 0900 hours onwards, and tea/coffee will be available in the Students Mess from 0845 hours.
Labour Group – Pendle Room (formerly Staff Mess 1)
Conservative Group – Lancaster House 2
PART 1 (open to press and public)
Chairman’s Announcement – Openness of Local Government Bodies Regulations 2014
Any persons present at the meeting may photograph, film or record the proceedings, during the public part of the agenda. Any member of the press and public who objects to being photographed, filmed or recorded should let it be known to the Chairman who will then instruct that those persons are not photographed, filmed or recorded.
1. Appointment of Chairman
The Authority is requested to consider the appointment of a Chairman for 2016/17.
2. Appointment of Vice-Chairman
The Authority is similarly requested to consider the appointment of a Vice-Chairman for 2016/17.
3. Chairman’s Welcome and Introduction
4. Composition of the Combined Fire Authority
5. Apologies for Absence
6. Disclosure of Pecuniary and Non-Pecuniary Interests
Members are asked to consider any pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests they may have to disclose to the meeting in relation to matters under consideration on the Agenda
7. Appointment of Chairmen and Vice-Chairmen of Committees
8. Reappointment of Representative to Serve on the North West Fire Forum and The North West Fire Control Company
9. Minutes of Meeting Held on 25th April 2016
10. Programme of Meetings for 2016/17 and 2017/18
11. Proceedings of North West Fire Forum Meeting Held on 27th April 2016
12. Proceedings of Member Training & Development Working Group Held on 27th April 2016
13. Members’ Allowance Scheme – Proposed Amendment
14. Formal Policy On Dealing With Habitutal And Vexatious Complaints
15. Safety, Health And Environment Annual Review 2015/16
16. Fire Related Prosecutions / Fire Protection Reports
17. Community Fire Safety Reports
18. Member Complaints
19. Date of Next Meeting
The next meeting of the Authority will be held on Monday 19th September 2016 at 1000 hours at Washington Hall Training Centre, Euxton.
20. Urgent Business
An item of business may only be considered under this heading where, by reason of special circumstances to be recorded in the Minutes, the Chairman of the meeting is of the opinion that the item should be considered as a matter of urgency. Wherever possible, the Clerk should be given advance warning of any Member’s intention to raise a matter under this heading.
21. Exclusion of Press and Public
The Authority is asked to consider whether, under Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, they consider that the public should be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items of business on the grounds that there would be a likely disclosure of exempt information as defined in the appropriate paragraph of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Local Government Act 1972, indicated under the heading to the item.