Head of ICT Job Description
- In conjunction with the Deputy Chief Fire Officer (Director of Strategy and Planning) develop a comprehensive ICT strategy to support defined organisational aims and objectives
- Deliver an effective, resilient and responsive ICT support service to a wide range of Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service users.
- Direct, support and develop all ICT departmental staff and provide advice to Deputy Chief Fire Officer (Director of Strategy and Planning) on general ICT training and development requirements for the wider organisation.
- Procure a wide range of ICT goods and services and manage suppliers to ensure the highest levels of quality and customer service.
- Liaise with external bodies and agencies and advise Deputy Chief Fire Officer (Director of Strategy and Planning) of local, regional and national developments in the field of ICT.
- Ensure that effective ICT related research and development is undertaken in order that LFRS is well placed to take advantage of evolving technology.
Making Lancashire Safer