Station: Morecambe (N12)

Morecambe (N12)
Address
Westgate
Morecambe
LA4 4TA
Contact
Telephone: 01524 411590
History
The first Fire Station recorded in Morecambe was in 1883 maintained by donations. In 1892 Heysham formed its own Fire Brigade and in 1900 a Committee was formed to amalgamate the two. In 1917 a large fire at the munitions factory lasted three days and claimed the lives of ten firefighters. It was then decided to invest in new motorised appliances.

A new fire station was built at Clark Street in 1937 at a cost of £15,250, boasting a 100 ft Turntable ladder. There were 50 turnouts per year.

During the 1950’s and 60’s Morecambe Fire Station was used as a Training School until Washington Hall Training Centre was opened in Euxton.

Clark Street station closed in 2003 when the new Fire Station on Westgate came into operation.

This building was built in 2003 and is home to the following appliances: -

1 x whole time pump
1 x retained pump
1 x Aerial Ladder Platform
Facilities
Male and female toilets and showers
Map