Welcome to our Home Fire Safety Check Service page where you can receive your own personalised fire safety advice.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we modified our delivery of Home Fire Safety Checks in order to minimise the risk to the people we visit, and our personnel.
If you have a Home Fire Safety Check visit you can be assured that our personnel will abide by Covid-19 control measures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
What can you expect if you arrange a Home Fire Safety Check;
- To be asked on the day of the visit to confirm that there are no changes to your circumstances regarding Covid-19 since the appointment was made
- Lancashire Fire and Rescue personnel will wear appropriate PPE – nitrile gloves, fluid resistant surgical mask (IIR type) and in some circumstances eye protection
- The numbers of personnel entering your property will be limited
- Personnel will maintain a minimum 2m distance wherever possible
- Personnel will seek to avoid touching surfaces or objects
What we would ask of you;
- Please let us know prior to coming in your property if you, or anyone else in the property, is displaying Covid-19 symptoms or is self-isolating. The visit can be delivered in a modified manner or postponed until a self-isolation period has finished
- Please maintain social distancing
- Please wear a face covering (unless you are exempt for medical reasons)
To begin the process, please fill in your details in the questionnaire below as accurate as possible. If, through your answers, we class you as being low risk, we will email you fire safety advice specific to your needs.
If we believe that you have a higher risk of having a fire, your contact details will be sent to our Contact Centre who will arrange a home fire safety check visit with you.
If you have any problems filling this form in, please CALL 0800 169 1125. If you have a hearing impairment and wish to contact our contact centre, you can TEXT 07766 831145.
If you have received a Home Fire Safety Check from us and your smoke alarm has stopped working, contact Fire Angel on 0800 141 2561, from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, and they will arrange for a replacement smoke alarm to be delivered.
Alternatively, you can call Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service on 0800 169 1125 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on smoke alarms click here.