- Princes Trust Team Programme
This 12-week full-time course is delivered by our staff on behalf of the Princes Trust. It is available to 16-25 year olds and is aimed at improving confidence, motivation and skills. Available for both unemployed and employed young people, it includes work experience, careers advice, qualifications, challenging projects, community action and an action-packed team building week-long residential. The programme is free and those that are unemployed should continue to receive benefits.
The Team Programme is based in Preston; Burnley; Blackburn; Pendle; Fleetwood; Blackpool; Deepdale; Morecambe and ACCROSS (Accrington and Rossendale College).
Whilst re-building their self-esteem, participants are encouraged to think about their futures; this includes preparing a post-programme development plan. During the 12-weeks, participants:
- Gain nationally recognised qualifications (Certificate in Teamwork, Employability and Community skills.
- Gain key Skills in Working with Others, Improving Own Learning and Performance and Problem Solving
- Improve Numeracy and Literacy on a personal e-programme
- Uncover hidden talents
- Improve their motivation and self-confidence
- Assume some responsibility and leadership
- Develop team working and communication skills
- Raise their awareness of their local community and how they can contribute to it
- How do I apply?
The next course dates are outlined below, so if you’re aged between 16 and 25 and looking for a new challenge or opportunity to develop new skills please get in contact with your local team via the details shown below.
14 January 2019
ACCROSS – Accrington and Rossendale College – 01254 356 987 PTACCROSS@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
Blackpool – 01253 401 283 PTBlackpool@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
Preston Central – 01772 881 141 PTPrestonCentral@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
28 January 2019
Pendle – 07900 268 705 PTPendle@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
Blackburn – 01254 844 524 PTBlackburn@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
Fleetwood – 01253 879 013 PTFleetwood@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
11 February 2019
Morecambe – 01524 413 358 PTMorecambe@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
Preston Deepdale – 01772 795 222 PTPrestonDeepdale@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
Burnley – 01282 502 081 PTBurnley@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
- Programme Breakdown
For more information about the Team Programme download the full programme leaflet HERE or watch this film provided by the Prince’s Trust.
- Adult Fire Setters Intervention
This programme is a resource pack, designed by LFRS in partnership with criminal justice and health services to help them work with adults who have fire setting tendencies. The package is designed to increase the individual’s awareness of the dangers and consequences of fire; as well as their knowledge of basic fire safety to reduce the harm fire can cause when it is used deliberately. It allows individual’s circumstances to be considered and included in any treatment plans.
- Consideration of the fire related activity they were involved with, including circumstances and consequences
- The law relating to arson
- Understanding the treatment and effects of burns injuries
- The danger of smoke, flames and how fire behaves
- The importance of smoke detection and escape plans
How do I book?
The pack is available for loan to lend to a lead agency for delivery. For more information you can download the briefing note. A booking form which includes data collection to ensure there is no duplication, can also be found HERE and then returned via email to email@example.com .