- Princes Trust Team Programme
This 12-week full-time course is delivered by our staff on behalf of the Princes Trust. It is available to 16-25 year olds and is aimed at improving confidence, motivation and skills. Available for both unemployed and employed young people, it includes work experience, careers advice, qualifications, challenging projects, community action and an action-packed team building week-long residential. The programme is free and those that are unemployed should continue to receive benefits.
The Team Programme is based in Preston; Burnley; Blackburn; Pendle; Fleetwood; Blackpool; Deepdale; Morecambe and ACCROSS (Accrington and Rossendale College).
Whilst re-building their self-esteem, participants are encouraged to think about their futures; this includes preparing a post-programme development plan. During the 12-weeks, participants:
- Gain nationally recognised qualifications (Certificate in Teamwork, Employability and Community skills.
- Gain key Skills in Working with Others, Improving Own Learning and Performance and Problem Solving
- Improve Numeracy and Literacy on a personal e-programme
- Uncover hidden talents
- Improve their motivation and self-confidence
- Assume some responsibility and leadership
- Develop team working and communication skills
- Raise their awareness of their local community and how they can contribute to it
- How do I apply?
The next course dates are outlined below, so if you’re aged between 16 and 25 and looking for a new challenge or opportunity to develop new skills please get in contact with your local team via the details shown below.
13 January 2020
Blackpool – 01253 401 283 PTBlackpool@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
Preston Central – 01772 881 141 PTPrestonCentral@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
Pendle – 01282 878227 PTPendle@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
27 January 2020
Fleetwood – 01253 879 013 PTFleetwood@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
Blackburn – 01254 844524 PTBlackburn@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
ACCROSS – 01254 356987 PTAccross@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
10 February 2020
Burnley – 01282 502 081 PTBurnley@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
Morecambe – 01524 413 358 PTMorecambe@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
Preston Deepdale – 01772 795 222 PTPrestonDeepdale@lancsfirerescue.org.uk
To contact our team based at our headquarters, please ring 01772 866898
- Programme Breakdown
For more information about the Team Programme download the full programme leaflet HERE or watch this film provided by the Prince’s Trust.
- Adult Fire Setters Intervention
This programme is a resource pack, designed by LFRS in partnership with criminal justice and health services to help them work with adults who have fire setting tendencies. The package is designed to increase the individual’s awareness of the dangers and consequences of fire; as well as their knowledge of basic fire safety to reduce the harm fire can cause when it is used deliberately. It allows individual’s circumstances to be considered and included in any treatment plans.
- Consideration of the fire related activity they were involved with, including circumstances and consequences
- The law relating to arson
- Understanding the treatment and effects of burns injuries
- The danger of smoke, flames and how fire behaves
- The importance of smoke detection and escape plans
How do I book?
The pack is available for loan to lend to a lead agency for delivery. For more information you can download the briefing note. A booking form which includes data collection to ensure there is no duplication, can also be found HERE and then returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We recognise that all people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, irrespective of their age, are a particularly important group to us as they can be considered as more at risk and vulnerable to the dangers fire can pose. However, each individual or group that we visit will have different circumstances and needs and we appreciate that in these cases traditional teaching approaches, such as using a single generic session, may not necessarily create the most suitable and effective learning opportunities.
Rather than using a single generic session plan, SENDSafe is a toolkit of 31 activities, most lasting around 15 minutes, that can be mixed and matched to allow the people with SEND to learn about both fire safety and other safety themes as much as possible through their senses so that they have opportunities to touch, smell, see and hear. This should help make the sessions as fun, interactive and educational as possible.
- Concept of fire
- Fire hazards
- Smoke alarms
- Escaping from fire
- Calling the fire and rescue service
- What to do if your clothes catch on fire
- Practical enrichment activities (finding out about firefighter’s uniform/fire engine etc.)
- Involving parents/carers
- Thematic safety input (water safety, fireworks and bonfires, road safety etc.)
Each session also has an evaluation process.
How to book?
We appreciate that that teachers know their learners best and so close liaison between the teacher and fire and rescue service personnel is essential. It is recommended that a meeting take place prior to the actual session(s) taking place.to determine the bespoke format, including content and approach/means of delivery. This will help make sure that the learner’s needs are understood and that the setting is appropriate for the activities being considered.
For further information please contact: