Featured Image

Hearing Impaired

If you are deaf, a little hard of hearing or simply a heavy sleeper, you should consider a strobe light and vibrating-pad alarm system.


To get a strobe light or vibrating-pad alarm contact your Social Services team.


If you have a vibrating pad, make sure it is properly linked to the fire alarm and plan your escape route.


If you use a pager (which is linked to your fire alarm), remember to keep it charged and with you.


Register for the SMS 999 service, it will link you automatically to the emergency services. To register text “register” to 999 and follow the text instructions.